1. Sleep with your phone by your bed and then check it – for approximately an hour – as soon as you wake up.
2. And maybe even in the middle of the night, amirite? Because there’s nothing like a bright light in your face to help you get back to sleep.
3. Go to bed too late.
4. Get up to an alarm, AKA get up before you’ve had enough sleep, AKA the worst thing ever.
5. Start your day with no fucking idea what you need to do.
6. Leave everything till the last minute, just like you’re still in school.
7. Slob around in your PJs all morning, feeling gross and unmotivated.
8. Edit as you write.
9. Try to make everything perfect.
10. Have your email (or Facebook or Twitter or whatever) open ALL THE TIME and check it EVERY FIVE SECONDS.
11. Have pinging notifications on your phone for every fucking app, which throw you off every time you ‘get into the zone’. (Can’t say ‘get into the zone’ without using quotes, sorry.)
12. Work in the same place as you relax, and constantly confuse your brain about what you’re supposed to be doing right now anyway.
13. Never plan anything, ever, because planning is for losers and spontaneity is awesome. Until you realise how hard that makes running a business.